Search

Content

Saturday, February 25, 2012

56/366: childhood


This was the garden where I roamed around when I was about 6 to 11 years old.

Everything was larger to me back then. Walking around my backyard was like taking a stroll in the jungle, such adventure......

I remembered plucking weeds. Walking in the longkang outside with my daddy for fun: he was gardening, I was "helping". Catching my rabbit when it's time to put her back into the cage. Catching my chickens (yes, for real...) too.

So many memories attached to this old house:
3 birthday parties. Watching Cantonese dramas non-stop. My first piano. Awesome lunches cook by my maid. Primary school. Ballet classes. Piano lessons. Playing in the sandbox. Sharing bedroom with my brother........

and all other vague pieces of the past, left in the unconscious mind.
I, am unintentionally reminded that my childhood was bittersweet, leaning more towards the sweet.


We went back to our old house today for the final clearance of stuff inside. For the past 8-9 years the house was rent out. This month, we're finally gonna let go. Despite so much unwillingness in the heart. Letting go, even of a property, or a non-living item in life is not easy. Because there's a string of nostalgic memories attached to it, that we just somehow find comfort upon remembering them. And we dwell in it, even just for some moment.............. Life?

x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Followers